Sunday 23 February 2014

Picture postcards From The Alappuzha-Changancherry Route

I have traveled many a time through the Alappuzha-Chanagcherry Route that connects the relatively urban town of Changansherry with the beautiful and exquisite back water town of Alappuzha. Often mesmerized by the view and lulled to sleep by the cool winds of the canal on one side and and water logged paddy fields on the other I have wondered how I was lucky enough to be brought up in this beautiful part of the world. 
In this post today, I will take you with me through this route.  Albeit my little mobile camera does no justice to the true elegance of the place, I have tried my best to give you, my traveler friend what it is like to be on a journey through this well laid smooth road that connects Alappuzha (Alleppey) and Changansherry.
So, here we go!
The canal on the left.
Water-logged paddy fields
As afternoons fade into evenings, sunlight streams through
trees along the road. 



A road side view
 
    
                  
Another road side view
              



                               




As evening falls ...


               





And ..thus  falls twilight.


But the journey goes on... :)



1 comment: